The YMCA of Corry is proudly offering Pre-K Counts classes now thru 2018 school year.
Classes are from 8:00 AM - 2:15 PM Monday through Fridays.
The YMCA of Corry Pre-K Counts Program provides high quality pre-kindergarten education for 3 and 4 year olds who live in Corry Area at no cost to families.
PA Pre-K Counts is designed for children who are:
- 3 to 5 years of age (two years prior to kindergarten eligibility);preference given to children eligible for kindergarten the following school year:
- income (300% of the federal poverty level, or a family of four earning $66,150)
- If your child falls into any of these categories, you may be eligible to apply. Contact Michele Brady, Child Care Director for eligibility, and enrollment information at (814) 664-7757 or email at email@example.com
- 5 hour instructional day
- Extended hours available for working families (6 AM - 6 PM) at a small fee
- Qualified teaching staff
- Staff certified in Infant and Child First Aid
- Structure learning environment
- Educational screenings
- Health screenings and follow up
- Parent workshops and support services
- Breakfast and lunch provided
- Enroll children with disabilities
- Use a curriculum that will help your child grow academically and socially
- A smooth transition from pre-kindergarten to kindergarten
- Swimming lessons
What Do I Need to Get Ready?
- Birth Certificate or other proof of birth
- Verification of income (tax documents, 2 pay stubs, SSI or TANF letters)
- Immunization records
- Disability documentation (if applicable)
- Custody or court documents (if applicable)
- Health insurance card (if available)
By enrolling your child in PA Pre K counts, you can give your child a great start to a bright future. Quality pre-kindergarten prepares children for reading and math, but also for paying attention, following directions and getting along with others.