- 1 What are the 5 steps to developing a physical activity plan?
- 2 What are the 5 steps to planning a fitness program quizlet?
- 3 What is the first step when designing a personal fitness program?
- 4 What is the recommended total duration for cardiorespiratory endurance training?
- 5 How do I prepare my body for exercise?
- 6 What is the most important fitness component?
- 7 What are the seven steps of developing a fitness plan?
- 8 What are 5 items that must be included in a fitness journal?
- 9 What are the principles of building fitness?
- 10 What are the two types of fitness goals?
- 11 What are the six 6 Components of skill related fitness?
- 12 What is the first step when setting a fitness goal?
- 13 Which activity is best for a complete fitness program?
- 14 What is the minimum number of nonconsecutive days per week recommended for strength training?
- 15 What activities develop cardiorespiratory endurance?
What are the 5 steps to developing a physical activity plan?
As you design your fitness program, keep these points in mind:
- Consider your fitness goals.
- Create a balanced routine.
- Start low and progress slowly.
- Build activity into your daily routine.
- Plan to include different activities.
- Try high-interval intensity training.
- Allow time for recovery.
- Put it on paper.
What are the 5 steps to planning a fitness program quizlet?
Terms in this set (13)
- set goals.
- select activities.
- set target FITT for activities.
- set up system of mini-goals/rewards.
- include lifestyle physical activity.
- monitor progress w/ tools.
- make a commitment.
What is the first step when designing a personal fitness program?
What is the first step toward making a fitness plan? Establishing a reward system, setting realistic short-term goals, setting long-term goals, putting goals in writing. What would help establish a personal fitness goal? Set goals, select exercises, plan weekly routine, monitor progress.
What is the recommended total duration for cardiorespiratory endurance training?
The total time (duration) of cardiorespiratory endurance exercise should be 20 to 60 minutes. Regular endurance exercise helps protect against the development of the most common type of diabetes. Blood pressure is greater during systole than during diastole.
How do I prepare my body for exercise?
Some tips include:
- Keep well hydrated.
- Make sure you consume the recommended salt intake the night before or during the day to compensate for excessive sweating.
- Wear loose fitting and lightweight clothing.
- Exercise in the cooler times of day (before 9am and after 4pm)
- Perform shorter warm ups and warm downs.
What is the most important fitness component?
Cardiorespiratory endurance is considered the most important component of health-related fitness because the functioning of the heart and lungs is so essential to overall wellness.
What are the seven steps of developing a fitness plan?
Starting Your Fitness Plan
- Step 1: Ease into it.
- Step 2: You don’t have to do it all at once.
- Step 3: Start with something low impact.
- Step 4: Manage your expectations.
- Step 5: Schedule physical activity into your daily plan.
- Step 6: Track your progress.
- Step 7: Set a reasonable goal.
What are 5 items that must be included in a fitness journal?
What should you put in your fitness journal?
- Record date/time.
- Current body weight.
- Food/calorie intake.
- Workout or training method.
What are the principles of building fitness?
In order to get the maximum out of your training you need to apply the four key principles of training – specificity, progression, overload and individualisation – to what you do.
What are the two types of fitness goals?
Outcome Goals refer to the result that someone is ultimately working towards. Process Goals are the daily behaviors that need to take place to reach said goal. Performance Goals are the standards that someone needs to reach along the way to achieve the outcome goal.
There are six skill-related fitness components: agility, balance, coordination, speed, power, and reaction time.
What is the first step when setting a fitness goal?
The first step to setting a physical fitness goal is to first understand what you really want, deep down, and decipher the difference between an outcome goal (the statement you make to yourself) and the process you are willing to take (the implemented actions that support the outcome).
Which activity is best for a complete fitness program?
A complete, safe and effective fitness program must include aerobic exercise, muscular strength and endurance conditioning, and flexibility exercise. Aerobic exercise does good things for your cardiovascular system and is an important part of weight management.
What is the minimum number of nonconsecutive days per week recommended for strength training?
The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) recommends that a strength training program should be performed a minimum of two non-consecutive days each week, with one set of 8 to 12 repetitions for healthy adults or 10 to 15 repetitions for older and frail individuals.
What activities develop cardiorespiratory endurance?
Activities like walking, jogging, running, cycling, swimming, aerobics, rowing, stair climbing, hiking, cross country skiing and many types of dancing are “pure” aerobic activities. Sports such as soccer, basketball, squash and tennis may also improve your cardiovascular fitness.