- 1 What is physical fitness quizlet?
- 2 Which element does a persons level of physical fitness depend on?
- 3 Which term is best defined as the ability of the body’s circulatory and respiratory systems to supply fuel and oxygen during sustained physical activity?
- 4 Which percent when multiplied by the number calculated by subtracting a person’s age from 220 shows target heart rate quizlet?
- 5 What is a health-related component of physical fitness?
- 6 What is physical fitness and health?
- 7 What are the 5 parts of Skill-Related fitness?
- 8 What are the six components of skill-related fitness?
- 9 What are the 6 aspects to be totally fit?
- 10 What are 3 examples of aerobic activities?
- 11 Which body systems are used to supply our bodies with fuel during physical activity?
- 12 What is an example of a moderate physical activity quizlet?
- 13 How do you calculate THR?
- 14 What is Karvonens formula?
- 15 Why is Karvonen method more accurate?
What is physical fitness quizlet?
Physical Fitness. the ability to do daily activates without becoming tired or sore. Strength. the amount of force that muscles apply. Endurance.
Which element does a persons level of physical fitness depend on?
It promotes weight loss, strengthens muscles and bones, keeps the heart and lungs strong, and helps to protect against chronic disease. There are four essential elements of physical fitness: cardiorespiratory endurance, muscle strength, muscle endurance, and flexibility.
Which term is best defined as the ability of the body’s circulatory and respiratory systems to supply fuel and oxygen during sustained physical activity?
Cardiorespiratory Fitness: Cardiorespiratory fitness is the ability of the body’s heart (circulatory system) and lungs (respiratory system) to supply oxygen during sustained physical exercise.
Which percent when multiplied by the number calculated by subtracting a person’s age from 220 shows target heart rate quizlet?
To determine the low limit ( 60 percent ): Subtract your age from 220. This result is called your maximum heart rate.
Health-related components of Physical Fitness. There are five components of physical fitness: (1) body composition, (2) flexibility, (3) muscular strength, (4) muscular endurance, and (5) cardiorespiratory endurance.
What is physical fitness and health?
Physical fitness is a state of health and well-being and, more specifically, the ability to perform aspects of sports, occupations and daily activities. Physical fitness is generally achieved through proper nutrition, moderate-vigorous physical exercise, and sufficient rest.
What are the 5 parts of Skill-Related fitness?
Skill-related fitness is broken down into six different components; agility, speed, power, balance, coordination, reaction time.
There are six skill-related fitness components: agility, balance, coordination, speed, power, and reaction time. Skilled athletes typically excel in all six areas. Agility is the ability to rapidly and accurately change the direction of the body.
What are the 6 aspects to be totally fit?
Considering the total body, there are six elements of fitness: aerobic capacity, body structure, body composition, balance, muscular flexibility and strength. Let’s consider each one of these.
What are 3 examples of aerobic activities?
What are some examples of aerobic exercise?
- Using an elliptical trainer.
- Using an upper body ergometer (a piece of equipment that provides a cardiovascular workout that targets the upper body only).
Which body systems are used to supply our bodies with fuel during physical activity?
Cardiorespiratory endurance is the ability of the heart, blood, blood vessels and lungs to supply enough oxygen and necessary fuel to the muscles during long periods of physical activity.
What is an example of a moderate physical activity quizlet?
Examples of moderate physical activity include: Cycling, weight training, and brisk walking.
How do you calculate THR?
THR is calculated by multiplying percent intensity by the MHR. Example: At 70% intensity THR = MHR x 0.70. This method calculates THR using the Karvonen Equation.
What is Karvonens formula?
The Karvonen formula is your heart rate reserve multiplied by the percentage of intensity plus your resting heart rate. For example, a 50-year-old with a resting heart rate of 65 would calculate as follows: 220 – 50 = 170 for HRmax.
Why is Karvonen method more accurate?
The Karvonen method is used to determine the Target Heart Rate (THR) for a given activity. This method is considered to be more accurate than other methods for measuring THR because it takes the Resting Heart Rate (RHR) into consideration.