- 1 What are the physical requirements to be a flight attendant?
- 2 Is there a weight limit to be a flight attendant?
- 3 Do you have to be in shape to be a flight attendant?
- 4 What are the top 3 characteristics of a flight attendant?
- 5 Can you have tattoos as a flight attendant?
- 6 Can a 5 feet girl become a flight attendant?
- 7 Can you be a 4 11 flight attendant?
- 8 How hard is it to become a flight attendant?
- 9 Can I be a flight attendant if I’m 5 1?
- 10 Do flight attendants work everyday?
- 11 Do flight attendants make good money?
- 12 What is the most challenging part of being a flight attendant?
- 13 What are the skills of a flight attendant?
- 14 What questions are asked in a flight attendant interview?
What are the physical requirements to be a flight attendant?
Flight Attendants – Physical Demands
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Walk or run for long periods of time.
- Repeat the same movements.
- Bend or twist their body.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
- Keep or regain their balance.
Is there a weight limit to be a flight attendant?
There is not a specific weight requirement for flight attendants. Instead, they are required to have a proportional look. This means that although you don’t have to be skinny, you should look healthy and fit.
Do you have to be in shape to be a flight attendant?
Prospective flight attendants need to be tall enough to manipulate items stored in the overhead bin, but not so tall that they have to crouch in the cramped airplane aisles. While exact restrictions vary by airline, most flight attendants must be between 5 feet, 3 inches and 6 feet, 1 inch tall.
What are the top 3 characteristics of a flight attendant?
Flight attendants should also possess the following specific qualities:
- Attentiveness. Flight attendants must be aware of passengers’ needs to ensure a pleasant travel experience.
- Communication skills.
- Customer-service skills.
- Decision-making skills.
- Physical stamina.
Can you have tattoos as a flight attendant?
Per the airline’s guidelines, visible tattoos aren’t allowed while wearing the flight attendant uniform, even if covered by makeup, jewelry, or a bandage. The policy prohibits tattoos in areas visible while wearing the cabin crew uniform, such as the face, ears, hands, wrists, and neck.
Can a 5 feet girl become a flight attendant?
For becoming a cabin crew, the minimum height for female candidates is 157 cms and your height is 5ft which corresponds to 152cms. For becoming a cabin crew, the minimum height for female candidates is 157 cms and your height is 5ft which corresponds to 152cms.
Can you be a 4 11 flight attendant?
The acceptable height ranges from 4’11 to 6’1 and the weight of the flight attendant must be proportionate to the height. Depending on the airline, the minimum age to be considered is between 18-21 years old. Other requirements include at least a high school diploma or GED and holding a clean record with no priors.
How hard is it to become a flight attendant?
But the training is hard. As in, really hard. Training can last anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks, 11 hours a day with just one day rest a week. Written exams every day, practical exams, long days spent in the classroom and aircraft cabin mock-ups, it’s pretty fast-paced and relentless.
Can I be a flight attendant if I’m 5 1?
Answer: Because you’re between 5’0″ and 5’1″, you’re below the minimum height requirement for most major airlines. There is a good reason for this minimum requirement: You may not be tall enough to reach the overhead compartments which are between 72 and 82 inches high. But, don’t let this discourage you.
Do flight attendants work everyday?
Work Schedules They often work nights, weekends, and holidays because airlines operate every day and have overnight flights. In most cases, a contract between the airline and the flight attendant union determines the total daily and monthly workable hours. A typical on-duty shift is about 12 to 14 hours per day.
Do flight attendants make good money?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, flight attendants make an average of $56,000 per year. While flight attendants have better salaries than your average service worker who gets paid around $30,000 a year, they make a little less than the average professional worker, who gets paid around $60,000 a year.
What is the most challenging part of being a flight attendant?
While the hardest part of the job doesn’t always happen on board, things can get stressful mid-flight. “We have to be prepared for anything: a fire, an irate passenger or a medical event. And medical events happen more than you’d think,” Sarah Motter, another member of the crew, told me.
What are the skills of a flight attendant?
Key skills for air cabin crew
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to remain calm in emergencies or when dealing with difficult passengers.
- Diplomacy and tact.
- Good colour vision and hearing.
- Good general health and fitness – many airlines require cabin staff to be able to swim at least 25m.
What questions are asked in a flight attendant interview?
Common Flight Attendant / Cabin Crew Interview Questions
- What can you tell me about yourself?
- Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
- Why would you be a good flight attendant?
- Tell me about a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer.
- Tell me about a disagreement you’ve had with a coworker.