- 1 How do I build my own strength training program?
- 2 What is the first step in building a physical fitness plan?
- 3 What are 3 factors you should consider when making a fitness program?
- 4 What is a good weight training program for beginners?
- 5 What is a good 5 day workout routine?
- 6 What are the two types of fitness goals?
- 7 What is the first step of workout?
- 8 Which exercise should be performed first?
- 9 What are the 5 factors that influence physical fitness?
- 10 What is a general rule for stretching?
- 11 What are the factors that you need to consider when exercising?
- 12 What are the 5 basic strength exercises?
- 13 What strength training can I do at home?
- 14 What is a good weightlifting routine?
How do I build my own strength training program?
How to Build Your First Workout Program
- Establish a Goal.
- Select a Workout Split.
- Choose Your Exercises.
- Choose Your Sets and Reps.
- Learn About Progression.
- Put it All Together.
What is the first step in building a physical fitness plan?
What is the first step toward making a fitness plan? Establishing a reward system, setting realistic short-term goals, setting long-term goals, putting goals in writing.
What are 3 factors you should consider when making a fitness program?
The 5 key factors to consider in an exercise program
- Range of movement.
- Weight control.
What is a good weight training program for beginners?
Strength Training Workout for Beginners
- Dumbbell Chest Press. Muscles worked: Chest, shoulders, triceps.
- One-Arm Dumbbell Row. Muscles worked: Upper back.
- Biceps Curl. Muscles worked: Biceps.
- Triceps Extension. Muscles worked: Triceps.
- Lateral Raise. Muscles worked: Shoulders.
- Basic Squat.
- Front Lunge.
What is a good 5 day workout routine?
Best 5 Day Workout Schedule:
- Day 1: Chest + (Light) Triceps.
- Day 2: Back + (Light) Biceps.
- Day 3: Core + Forearms + Calves + Cardio.
- Day 4: Shoulders + (Heavy) Triceps.
- Day 5: Legs + (Heavy) Biceps.
- Day 6: Rest (Light core workout as an option)
What are the two types of fitness goals?
Outcome Goals refer to the result that someone is ultimately working towards. Process Goals are the daily behaviors that need to take place to reach said goal. Performance Goals are the standards that someone needs to reach along the way to achieve the outcome goal.
What is the first step of workout?
As you begin your fitness program, keep these tips in mind:
- Start slowly and build up gradually. Give yourself plenty of time to warm up and cool down with easy walking or gentle stretching.
- Break things up if you have to.
- Be creative.
- Listen to your body.
- Be flexible.
Which exercise should be performed first?
When training all major muscle groups in a workout: Large muscle group exercises (i.e., squat) should be performed before smaller muscle group exercises (i.e., shoulder press). Multiple-joint exercises should be performed before single-joint exercises.
What are the 5 factors that influence physical fitness?
What are the five factors that influence physical fitness?
- Body composition. This basically refers to the relative level of muscle, fat, bones, and other vital elements of the body.
- Cardiovascular fitness levels.
What is a general rule for stretching?
What is a general rule for stretching? Stretch to a point of slight muscular tension. What is an appropriate frequency for a cardiorespiratory endurance program? three to five times per week. You just studied 10 terms!
What are the factors that you need to consider when exercising?
Fitness isn’t just about working hard, it’s about working smart. So when you’re endeavoring to get in shape, make sure you consider the four fitness factors, or FITT: Frequency, Intensity, Type and Time. Ideally, exercise is something you should do every day.
What are the 5 basic strength exercises?
“There are five basic moves: squat, hinge, push, pull, and core work. There are many variations of each of those movements, but for beginners, I tend to gravitate toward a bodyweight squat, glute bridges, push-ups (on an incline if needed), inverted rows, and planks.”
What strength training can I do at home?
Bodyweight strength training exercises
- Lunges. Share on Pinterest. A basic lunge works the muscles in your lower body, including your quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and calves.
- Squat to overhead raise. Share on Pinterest.
- Planks. Share on Pinterest.
- Pushups. Share on Pinterest.
What is a good weightlifting routine?
These are combination exercises that work more that one muscle group per exercise, so you get more bang for your buck.
- Push-Ups. Do the push-ups slow and controlled.
- Chest Press. Lay on your back on the floor, pick up the dumbbells, and do the press toward the ceiling.
- Dead Lift.